What to expect
The design of an IT platform solution that meets all business needs, and at a cost to implement and operate that can be justified, requires a full understanding of the business and its needs, knowledge of the various technology options available and a thorough appreciation for the total cost (implement and operate) of the solution.
One of the many ways that we are different, is that we do not pay our employees commission. This means that no-one is incentivised to sell you more than you actually need. Just one of the ways we try to ensure our solutions are relevant and the relationship we build is transparent and built on trust.
- Free Assessment
- This is a high level, litmus test of the current environment and is limited to a 2 to 3 hour technical onsite inspection.
- Feedback is provided in the form of a summary report which flags the good, the bad and the ugly of the existing IT platform.
- Best Practice Assessment (BPA)
- Performed by an experienced IT specialist, this is an in-depth analysis of the IT solution, primarily focussing on the platform.
- Feedback is provided by means of a detailed report of the IT platform, including a description of any risk areas uncovered as well as proposed solutions to fix current problems or reduce any complexity.
- Armed with the output of either of these assessments, we then learn about the business, how it uses IT and what its expectations are from IT.
- This understanding of the existing IT platform, what can be kept, what must change, plus the needs of the business feed the design process
- Depending on complexity, a design workshop may be a requirement. This will need all primary stakeholders from your business, any additional service providers or suppliers, as well as solutions and technology experts from Space Age, to be included in this process.
- As an SME ourselves and having worked exclusively with SME customers since 1994, we understand the financial constraints companies such as yours have.
- Should you prefer rental, through our financing partner, Spartan Finance, we are able to offer you an off balance sheet rental of your IT solution – including hardware, software and implementation labour.
- You give approval once you are satisfied with the proposed solution and its cost.
- A Statement of Work (SoW) containing the success criteria and technical deliverables is signed by you to mark the last stage of this process.
When to use this service
Although this phase of creating and planning a new IT platform solution, an upgrade or simply an additional service is often considered the most logical point to begin a business relationship with Space Age, it is by no means the only way. Almost any of our Technical or Business services could be the start of a long term, valuable partnership.
In fact, our recommended starting point would be a discussion about Relevant IT and how this approach might alter your current view of how IT helps your business.